Fond of blonde? Quite a few Black celebs have opted for lighter hair. Take a look at Rihanna, Nicki Minaj and Emeli Sande…
NOT EVERYONE can pull off the blonde look, you have to have a certain edge, a swag that screams “keep your eyes on me, watch me like a TV!” As well as follow a few rules of the game:
1. Wear makeup always. A polished face is necessary to keep blonde smokin’
2. Keep facial hair controlled. Wax your upper lip and keep those eyebrows thin and under control.
3. Short hair is best. Long blonde hair tends to look tacky because it is too close to golden skin tones, unless you’re willing to invest a lot of time styling yourself to barbie doll perfection like Nicki Minaj.
4. Avoid orange and yellow clothes. Take it from experience, you will look like you fell in bronzer.
5. Your skin, your fashion sense and your confidence are important to carry off these brave golden shades.
6. TAKE CARE OF YOUR HAIR. More than ever you need to moisturize regularly.
7. Use colour-safe shampoos. You don’t want the colour to fade and turn green or something.
8. You’re still Black so avoid shampoos with Sodium Lauryl Sulphate and Alcohol… these ingredients will dry your hair out.
9. Go easy on the heat. Your hair is really weak now so be extra careful to not over-expose it to straighteners and curling tongs.
10. Weave is definitely the best option here. Weaves and wigs can give you the look without the hassle or damage.