So I decided to try a home-made deep conditioner I saw my friend post on twitter. The ingredients include: Honey. Olive Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar (you may add an over-ripe banana if you want). I didn’t use any specific measurements, just enough to cover my hair. You will also need a few minutes prep time.
The honey and olive oil will need to be heated. I poured equal amounts of honey and olive oil into two separate tea cups and then placed them in a big enough container. I then boiled some water and poured it into the pan.
Let the cups sit in the hot water until you are ready to mix the ingredients.
1. Shampoo hair (I shampooed mine about 2 times). Rinse.
2. Combine all ingredients and pour over hair. Make sure your ends are properly covered.
3. Cover with a plastic cap. I let mine sit for about 20 minutes. You may want lot let it sit in your hair for longer.
4. Shampoo again and rinse. You will need to shampoo your hair because the olive oil and honey will make it a greasy and heavy. As you can imagine, this is not ideal when styling afterwards. (I gave mine one good shampoo).
5. Condition with your regular conditioner.
After styling my hair, it was left soft and shiny.
Here’s a recipe I found online:
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
Mix the ingredients thoroughly and apply to your hair and scalp. Use a wide toothed comb to comb through the hair, evenly spreading the mask. Let it stay for an hour and rinse with lukewarm water.
This is one of the best home-made hair mask recipes. Apple Cider Vinegar helps to restore your hair’s pH, giving your strands a lustrous appearance.
Olive oil is a fantastic conditioner for hair. Its lightweight nature makes it great for moisturising. It also contains anti-inflammatory properties that promote scalp health and prevent dandruff. Extra virgin oil is high in mono-saturated fatty acids and vitamin E, an anti- oxidant important for hair growth.
Another great thing about olive oil, is that it is readily available. You can get olive oil from all supermarkets and most convenience stores.