The first thing we need to do before we can decide whether or not our new hairstyle will suit our shape face, is finding out what shape face we actually have. A makeup artist or a hairstylist are the ultimate judges, but here are 2 ways you can find out:
1) draw your face. All you need is a mirror, Alice band and an old lipstick or an eyeliner.
1. Sit in front of the mirror and slick your hair back with the Alice band.
2. Use the lipstick/eyeliner to draw around your face in the mirror. Move away from the mirror and look at the shape.
3. Look at the below shapes next to see the shape that matches yours the best.
Or 2) measure your face. MEASURE the shape of your face
To find out the shape of your face, measure it with a tape measure or ruler. You will take the following measurements (write each measurement down).
1. Measure your face across the top of your cheekbones.
2. Measure across your jaw line from the widest point to the widest point.
3. Measure across your forehead at the widest point. Generally the widest point will be somewhere about halfway between your eyebrows and your hairline.
4. Measure from the tip of your hairline to the bottom of your chin.
Oval Face – Length equal to one & a half times width.
Round Face – Wide as it is long with a round chin.
Square – Wide as it is long with a square jawline & forehead.
Heart – Narrow at jaw line, wide at cheekbones and/or forehead.
Long – Longer than it is wide.