Beautifully creamy and light, this whipped oil will take out the difficulty in dealing with cold coconut oil, which is solid at room temperature and melts at 24 degrees Celsius.
What does it look like?
This was sooooo easy guys! I literally made this batch and wrote this post within 30 minutes.
Cost effective too because you can use it for EVERYTHING.
What do I use Whipped Coconut Oil for?
What don’t I use it for! It’s light and creamy – perfect for your skin, perfect for your hair! Styling, pre-poo treatment, sorting out my dry scalp, post-shower moisturising (best on wet skin), lip balm and soon to come – cooking.
How to make it yourself and store it safely
You will need:
- Coconut oil – do not get caught out by extra virgin organic blah blah nonsense. Coconut oil is coconut oil.
- A spoon
- A jar (the lid isn’t a must)
- Electric mixing device – I’m using a mixing stick, but anything else will do
- A smartphone – to show people that you are now a DIY genius
TOP TIP: If you can, whip the coconut oil in the container you are going to store the final product in. It’s a lot less messy.
- Scoop the coconut oil into your mixing jar – fill it up!
- Use your electric mixer to whip it until creamy – takes about 3 minutes
- Put a lid on it (if you have a lid) – Done!
- Take photo and send to everyone #DIYgenius
- Don’t put it in a cold place because it will get hard. Room temperature is fine – put it in your cupboard.
Why not jazz it up? Adding a few drops of essential oils like lavender or tea-tree works a treat (I’ve heard).
Please share and let me know your thoughts or if you want to see me make something else next week.